Meet Dr. Randall F. Humphreys, MD
Dr. Humphreys is the most highly qualified and experienced allergist in our area. The only fellow of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology currently participating in the maintenance of certificate program (AAAAI.org) with over 20 years of local experience. This assures the most up-to-date diagnostic evaluation and treatment available to our patients.
An allergist is trained to find the source of your symptoms, treat it, and help you to feel healthy. Dr. Humphreys can help you find the cause of your problems and offer treatment solutions.
An allergic reaction can affect any part of the body, but its symptoms are most often felt in the nose, eyes, lungs, lining of the stomach, sinuses, throat, and skin.
In addition to treating and controlling these conditions, Dr. Humphreys is an expert in treating immune system problems that might cause repeated infections such as pneumonia, ear infections, or bronchitis.
If you have allergies or asthma, you may be accustomed to frequent symptoms-perhaps thinking that a stuffy nose or wheezing is normal. With the help of Dr. Humphreys these symptoms can be controlled or cured. To find the source of your suffering, Dr. Humphreys will review your symptoms, how often they occur, and what triggers them.
After obtaining a complete medical history, we will get a history relevant to your current problems. Appropriate diagnostic testing will be performed and an appropriate comprehensive treatment plan will be formulated.
Dr. Humphreys can provide you with tips on how to decrease your exposure to allergens that trigger your symptoms. Although avoiding the things that trigger your symptoms is one of the most effective strategies, there are a variety of medicines that treat both allergies and asthma. Dr. Humphreys has the expertise to select the most effective treatments for you. He can also determine if you should consider allergy shots(immunotherapy). Immunotherapy can potentially cure your allergy. Your reactions will become milder or can disappear entirely. Another treatment for serious allergic asthma, called anti-IgE, stops an allergic reaction before it begins, helping prevent asthma attacks by blocking what causes the reaction.
It’s especially important to come to see Dr. Humphreys if:
- You have required multiple antibiotics for sinusitis or bronchitis.
- You have had sinus surgery.
- You experience hay fever or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
- Antihistamines and over-the-counter medications do not control your allergy symptoms or create unacceptable side effects, such as drowsiness.
- Your allergies or asthma are interfering with your ability to carry on day-today activities.
- Your allergies or asthma decrease the quality of your life.
- You sometimes have to struggle to catch your breath.
- You often wheeze or cough, especially at night or after exercise.
- You previously have been treated for asthma, but you still have frequent attacks even though you are taking asthma medication.
- You have had reactions to food, medications, or insect stings.
Working with Dr. Humphreys, you can find relief from your allergy and asthma symptoms. Come see us today. Find an Allergist, Find Relief.
Let Dr. Humphreys Help You With:
- Eye Allergies
- Food Allergies
- Sinus Pressure
- Skin Allergies
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever or Sinus Allergy)
- Anaphylaxis (Severe Allergic Reaction)
- Chronic Cough
- Sinus Infection